In Peru you will have the opportunity to travel in a thousand different ways. You can have wonderful adventures and unforgettable experiences. Extraordinary places are waiting for you. You can visit snow covered mountains, tropical jungles, marvelous beaches, and cosmopolitan cities like Cusco and Lima.
Come get to know Peru, and let yourself experience the warmth of its people, the beauty of its tourist sites, and its wonderful cuisine.
Ageless Ancient Peru is waiting for you
It is not important where you come from. Peru is ready to welcome you with open arms. Peru awaits the chance to show you the best if its culture, its history, and its amazing cuisine.
How to get here:
- By Air (this is the most recommended way) Peru is a country with a privileged location in the center of South America. This centralized location has enabled Lima´s Jorge Chávez International Airport to become a hub for various airlines taking travelers to all parts of South America. Lima, the capital of Peru, has direct flights to cities all over the world. So there is really no good reason to stay home.
- By land: The overland points of entry into Peru are as follows:
- From Ecuador: Aguas Verdes (Tumbes) on the Panamerican Highway North and La Tina (Piura) from the city of Loja (Ecuador).
- From Bolivia: There are 2 entry points on the border. Desaguadero on the road from La Paz, and Kasani on the road from Copacabana.
- From Chile. The border point is at Santa Rosa (Tacna) on the Panamerican Highway South.
- By river: Peru also has an entry point on the Amazon River. You can enter from Leticia (Colombia) or Tabatinga (Brasil).
- Via lake: You can enter Peru via boat on Lake Titicaca by traveling from Guaqui (Bolivia) to the Peruvian city of Puno
- Marítime route: Cruise ships make a stop in Peru at the port of Callao which is located 30 minutes from Lima. This is the second most popular way to visit the Land of the Incas.
Geography and Climate:
Peru is a very, very diverse country. It contains 11 eco-regions and 84 of the 117 life zones that exist in the world. Due to its diverse geographical conditions, it has a vast amount of incredible scenery. There are 3 great regions in the country which is divided traditionally according to altitude. These are: the coast, the Andes, and the jungle.
In order to see the weather in Peru in real time. CLICK HERE
Land area (1 285 215.6 km2)
Peru is the third largest country in South America. It is one of the 20 largest countries in the world. It has sovereignty over 200 miles of ocean extending out from its coast. It is also part of the Antarctic Treaty and has a base called Machu Picchu in Antarctica.