In order to visit Cusco and see Cusco´s most noteworthy tourist attractions without any inconveniences, it is mandatory that you have the Cusco Tourist Ticket. This is THE document that you will need in order to gain entry into the most important sites in the Cusco area.
Here is everything that you need to know about the Cusco Tourist Ticket 2019.
What is the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
The Cusco Tourist Ticket is the entry ticket that gets you into the 16 principle tourist attractions in and around Cusco. The ticket is administered by COSITUC Cusco. This stands for Comité de Servicios Integrados Turístico Culturales Cusco. The Tourist Ticket is also known as BTG Cusco.
What sites can you enter with the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
With the Ticket Cusco you can enter these 16 tourist sites:
- Puca Pucara.
- The Inca Pachacutec Monument.
- Qosqo Native Art Center
- The Museum of Contemporary Art.
- The Qorikancha Museum.
- The Regional Historic Museum.
- Museum of Popular Art
Of course, the number of sites that you will be able to visit depends on type of entry ticket that you buy. Generally, the most frequently visited places are represented in the following graphic:
Classification of the Tourist Ticket
The Tourist Ticket Cusco is classified in:
The General Cusco Ticket (BTG)
Is valid for 10 calendar days. The BTG allows you to enter these 16 tourist sites in the Cusco region: Chinchero, the Inca Pachacutec Monument, Moray, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Qorikancha Museum, the Regional Historic Museum, Ollantaytambo, Pikillacta, Pisac, Puca Pucara, Qenqo, Sacsayhuaman, Tambomachay, Tipón, the Qosqo Native Art Center and the Museum of Popular Art.
This Cusco entry ticket is valid for 10 calendar days, and is subdivided into:
- Comprehensive Tourist Ticket for Cusco (BTCL). This is valid for any foreign tourist and is registered with his or her passport number.
- Comprehensive Cusco Tourist Ticket for Foreign Students (BEE). Valid only for foreign student who are under 25 years of age and who have an international student identification card (ISIC CARD.)
- Comprehensive Cusco Tourist Ticket for Peruvian Nationals (BIN). Valid only for Peruvian nationals who have their DNI. (National Identification Card).
- Comprehensive Cusco Tourist Ticket for Peruvian Students (BEN). Special general entry ticket valid only for Peruvian students. If they are in grammar school or high school, they must present their DNI: If they are in the university, they must present their student ID card.
Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket
Valid only for one or two days. It is not available for students or for minors. Also, it is only permits entry into certain tourist sites which are grouped together in circuits:
- Circuit I. Sites which are found in the Sacsayhuaman Archeological Park: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Tambomachay and Puca Pucara.
- Circuit II. Attractions which are located in the Central Historical District of Cusco and the South Valley: Regional Historic Museum, Contemporary Art Museum, Qoricancha Museum, Pachacutec Monument, and the Archeological Parks at Tipon and Pikillacta.
- Circuit III. The archeological sites in the Sacred Valley of the Incas: Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero and Moray.
The cost of the Cusco Tourist Ticket 2019
|Tourist Ticket Cusco||Cost|
|Boleto General||S/. 130.00||S/. 70.00||10 days|
|Boleto de Estudiante||S/. 70.00||S/. 40.00||10 days|
|Boleto Parcial Circuito I||S/. 70.00||S/. 40.00||1 day|
|Boleto Parcial Circuito II||S/. 70.00||S/. 40.00||2 days|
|Boleto Parcial Circuito III||S/. 70.00||S/. 40.00||2 days|
*Price in Soles (PEN).
Where to buy Cusco Tourist Ticket?
The Cuzco Tourist Ticket can be purchased at the following addresses and times:
- Counter Central (Av. El Sol 103 Tourist Galleries). Monday to Sunday from 08:00 – 18:00 Hrs.
- Tourist Information Office – DIRCETUR (Calle Mantas). Monday to Saturday from 08:00 – 12:00 Hrs. / 14:00 – 18:00 Hrs.
- In all the places included in the Tourist Ticket (with the exception of the Museum of Contemporary Art and Monument of Pachacutec).
Which tourist attractions are not included in the BTC?
The BTC is not valid for entrance into some of Cusco´s frequently visited sites such as:
- Cusco Cathedral. Entry costs 25 soles for adults and 12.50 soles for children. Tickets are available at the door of the church.
- Santo Domingo Church (Coricancha). Entry costs 15 soles and tickets are available at the door of the church.
- The Salineras Salt Mines. Entry costs 15 soles and tickets are available at the door.
- The Colonial Temple of Andahuaylillas. Entry costs 15 soles for foreign nationals and 10 soles for Peruvians. Tickets are available at the door.
- The Incan Temple at Raqchi. Entry costs 15 soles and tickets are available at the door.
What places can you visit without Tourist Ticket of Cusco?
One really good thing about Cusco is that after you pay to enter some of Cusco´s principle tourist sites, you can then visit lots of other places of interest without paying any entry fees. Here are some wonderful places to visit and activities that you might enjoy trying out in the Cusco area:
- Check out the beauty of Cusco from the observation points at San Cristóbal and Cristo Blanco. These are located to the northeast of the city.
- Visit 12 Angled Stone which is located just a couple minutes walk from the Plaza de Armas.
- Go shopping at the local crafts markets and enjoy some of the great local food along with the folks who live in Cusco at the traditional San Pedro Market.
- Walk along the ancient city streets, alleys, and plazas of Cusco.
- Explore the Temple of the Moon which is located a short walk from Qenqo.
- The Tourist Ticket can not be purchased online. It uis available only at the mentioned points of sale.
- The BTG Cusco does not include a tourist guide or transportation.
- Children up to 9 years old do not have to pay. And children under 10 to 17 years of age have the right to buy the student tourist ticket.
- Visitors from the Andean Community of Nations (CAN) do not have any discounts.
- The tourist tickets go on sale every day, and the supply never runs out.
- If you plan to visit the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, we suggest you purchase in advance the:
- And, finally, if you want to take some Tours to visit the important sites that are included in the tourist ticket, we suggest you take our tours: