The Cusco Tourist Ticket is the only entry document that allows you to visit, without any inconveniences, the most important tourist destinations in and around the City of Cusco.
Here is everything that you need to know about the Cusco Tourist Ticket:
What is the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
The Cusco Tourist Ticket is also known as BTC Cusco. It gives you the right to explore 16 of the major tourist attractions within and nearby the City of Cusco, Peru. This document is administered by the Comité de Servicios Integrados Turístico Culturales Cusco (COSITUC Cusco).
What sites can you enter with the Cusco Tourist Ticket?
When you are in Cusco, you can explore these 16 tourist sites with the Cusco Tourist Pass:
- Puca Pucara.
- The Inca Pachacutec Monument.
- Qosqo Native Art Center.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Qorikancha Museum.
- Regional Historic Museum.
- Museum of Popular Art
It should be noted that the number of the places that you are allowed to visit varies according to the type of BTC Cusco Tourist Ticket that you bought. If you have the General Tourist Ticket, you can visit all sixteen sites. Whereas, if you bought a Partial Tourist Ticket you can only visit the places listed on your Cusco Ticket.
These are the most popular destinations which travelers like to visit with the Tickets Cusco are:
Different Kinds of Tourist Ticket Cusco.
There are four kinds of Tourist Tickets Cusco that you can buy:
The General Cusco Tourist Ticket (BTG)
BTG is also known as the Complete Cusco Tourist Ticket. (In Spanish it is called the Boleto Turístico Integral Cusco or the Boleto Turístico Completo Cusco). This complete Tourist Ticket Cusco gives you permission to discover all 16 tourist attractions in the Cusco region: Chinchero, the Inca Pachacutec Monument, Moray, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Qorikancha Museum, the Regional Historic Museum, Ollantaytambo, Pikillacta, Pisac, Puca Pucara, Qenqo, Sacsayhuaman, Tambomachay, Tipón, the Qosqo Native Art Center and the Museum of Popular Art.
One advantage of the the complete Cusco Entry Ticket is that it is valid for 10 calendar days. There are different types of General Tickets for foregners and for Peruvian Nationals:
The Cusco Tourist Ticket for Foreign Travelers:
- Complete Tourist Ticket for Cusco (BTCL). This is valid for any foreign tourist and it corresponds to his or her passport number.
- General Cusco Tourist Ticket for Foreign Students (BEE). Valid only for foreign student who is under 25 years of age and who has an international student identification card (ISIC CARD.)
Special Prices of the Cusco Tourist Ticket for Peruvian Nationals:
- Complete Cusco Tourist Ticket for Peruvian Nationals (BIN). Valid only for Peruvian National adults who have their identity document (DNI).
- General Cusco Tourist Ticket for Peruvian Students (BEN). Valid only for Peruvian National University Students who have their student identity document plus their DNI., and for Peruvian grammar school and high school students who have their DNI.
Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket.
The Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket is only valid for one or two days. It allows you to enter certain Inca Archeological Ruins and these sites are grouped together according to tourist circuits. This Partial Cusco Tourist Ticket is not available for students or for minors.
The are 3 types of Partial Cusco Tourist Tickets:
- Sacsayhuaman Tourist Ticket – Circuit I. This ticket allows you to enter the sites which are found in the Sacsayhuaman Archeological Park: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Tambomachay and Puca Pucara.
- City of Cusco Partial Tourist Ticket – Circuit II. With this ticket you are allowed to enter attractions and museums which are located in the Central Historical District of Cusco and in the South Valley of Cusco: Regional Historic Museum, Contemporary Art Museum, Qoricancha Museum, Pachacutec Monument, and the Archeological Parks at Tipon and Pikillacta.
- Sacred Valley Tourist Tickets – Circuit III. Inca ruins which you are permitted to enter with this Cusco Ticket are the Sacred Valley Sites of Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero and Moray.
Prices for the Cusco Tourist Ticket 2019
All prices for the Cusco Tourist Ticket are in Peruvian Currency (Soles). These tickets have different prices for Peruvian Nationals and for Foreign Tourists.
Prices of the Cusco Tourist Ticket for Foreign Tourists
|Tourist Ticket Cusco||Foreign Adult||Foreign Students||Validity|
|General Cusco Tourist Tickets||S/. 130.00||S/. 70.00||10 days|
|Sacsayhuaman Tourist Ticket I||S/. 70.00||S/. 70.00||1 day|
|Partial Tourist Ticket II||S/. 70.00||S/. 70.00||2 days|
|Partial Tourist Ticket III||S/. 70.00||S/. 70.00||2 days|
Discount Price Cusco Tourist Ticket for Peruvian Nationals
|Tourist Ticket Cusco||Peruvian National Adult||Peruvian National Student||Validity|
|General Cusco Tourist Tickets||S/. 70.00||S/. 40.00||10 days|
|Sacsayhuaman Ticket I||S/. 40.00||S/. 40.00||1 day|
|Partial Tourist Ticket II||S/. 40.00||S/. 40.00||2 days|
|Partial Tourist Ticket III||S/. 40.00||S/. 40.00||2 days|
Where to buy Cusco Tourist Ticket?
The Cuzco Tourist Ticket can be purchased at the following locations at the stated times:
- Main Office (Counter Central) (Sol Av 103, within the Tourist Galleries). Open every day of the year from 8:00 am until 6:00 pm.
- Tourist Information Office – DIRCETUR (Calle Mantas). Open from Monday through Saturday, 8:00 am – 12:00 noon; and 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
- At every place listed on the Cusco City Cards (with the exception of the Museum of Contemporary Art and Monument of Pachacutec).
Which tourist attractions are not included in the BTC Cusco?
The BTC Cusco does not allow you to enter some of Cusco’s frequently visited religious and touristic sites such as:
- Cusco Cathedral. Entrance Fee is s/. 25.00 for adults and s/. 12.50 for children. You can buy your entry ticket at the door of the Cathedral on the right-hand side.
- Santo Domingo Church (Coricancha). Entry costs 15 soles and tickets are available at the door of the church.
- Salineras Salt Mines. Entrance fee is 15 soles and the tickets are available at the entry gate.
- The Colonial Temple of Andahuaylillas. Entry fee is 15 soles for foreign nationals and 10 soles for Peruvians. Tickets are available at the main door.
- Incan Temple at Raqchi. It costs 15 soles to enter and tickets are available at the door.
What places can you visit without Tourist Ticket of Cusco?
One really good thing about Cusco is that after you pay to enter some of Cusco’s principle tourist sites, you can then visit lots of other places of interest without paying any entry fees.
Here are some of the best places to visit and some wonderful options that you can choose to enjoy while you are visiting the Cusco area. We recommend that you take a trip to experience a few of these local destinations. You are sure to enjoy them.
- Check out the beauty of Cusco from the observation points at San Cristóbal and Cristo Blanco. These places have a long history and they are located to the northeast of the city.
- Visit the 12 Angled Stone which is located just a couple minutes walk from the Plaza de Armas. This is the most famous Stone in all of South America.
- Go shopping at the local crafts markets and experience some of the great local food and get to know the folks who live in Cusco when you visit the traditional San Pedro Local Market.
- Walk along the ancient city streets, alleys, and plazas of Cusco which will give you the opportunity to view the amazing landscapes that surround the Imperial City.
- If you are planning on visiting the Qenqo Archeological Site, you can take a short walk and explore the mysterious Temple of the Moon.
If you would like to learn more about the great Andean culture, you can visit any of the 10 museums located in the City of Cusco and experience the Incan and Pre-Incan legacies. In order to enter the exposition rooms of these museums you would still have to purchase your entrance ticket to the museum. Entrance fee for these museums is between 10 and 15 soles.
- The Tourist Ticket cannot be purchased online. It is available only at the mentioned points of sale.
- The BTG Cusco does not include a tourist guide or transportation.
- Children under 9 years old do not have to pay. Children from 9 to 17 years of age have the right to buy the student tourist ticket.
- Visitors from the Andean Community of Nations (CAN) do not receive any discounts.
- BTG Cusco Tourist Tickets go on sale every day and the supply never runs out
- If you plan to visit the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu, we strongly suggest that you book your entry ticket for Machu Picchu and your train ticket to Machu Picchu well in advance.
Tours that we recommend when you have your Cusco Tourist Ticket
We highly recommend that you book one of our tours when you are ready to use your Cusco Tourist Ticket. We have both options available for you, Day Tours from Cusco and Half Day Tours in Cusco.